2 ingredient ice cream: Bananas and Peanut Butter.

Why, oh why have I never thought of this? Frozen bananas and peanut butter. It's as simple as that.
This recipe is easy-peasy and so, so, so delicious.
Do not be put off by how healthy this is. This actually tastes like real ice cream. It is real ice cream... Without the cream ;)
This is one of my all-time favorite flavor combinations. If you're a peanut butter lover like me you should definitely whip this up.
It's a perfect summer treat as it's refreshing AND energizing (beats that sluggish feeling we get from the heat)!
So here's what you do:

1)You cut your banana into thin coins and freeze in a sealed container for a few hours (or until they are hard)


2)You take your banana coins out of the freezer and put them in a blender along with a tablespoon of peanut butter.


3)You blend it up until smooth! If it gets stuck you can move the coins around with a spoon or add a little of the milk of your choice (I haven't needed to do that yet... until now every time it got stuck I moved the coins several times with a fork and that did the trick)


4)There is no number 4! You're done! And your mouth is watering 'cause it smells so good :]

I can imagine adding chocolate chips or a caramel swirl to this recipe if you're looking for something fancier ;)

Tell me what you think!

6 comments:

  1. sounds delicious. two of my favorite foods and so healthy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooo good! I'll definetly try that someday! Thanks :)

    Eloïse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made this except adding egg and berries, minus the peanut butter. So yum!

    ReplyDelete